OFFICE OF UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
Phone: (646) 312-3135
Monday-Thursday: 9am – 6pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
The Zicklin Undergraduate Programs prepare students for careers in all phases of business. These programs are designed to provide students with the specialized knowledge they need for entry into the work force along with the analytical and communication skills essential for a successful career. One half of the credits required for the B.B.A. degree are in the arts, sciences and general education providing graduates with a solid and broad educational foundation. Furthermore, the curriculum exposes students to ethical values that encourage participation in community affairs, and to an awareness of the relationship between business and the legal, political, and social settings in which it functions. One of the particular advantages for Zicklin undergraduates is that they are able to study within the context of a very diverse student community. This diversity prepares them to understand and function effectively in today’s multicultural global business environment.
The BBA program consists of 124 credits: a minimum of 62 credits in arts and sciences and 54 credits in required business courses (30 credits in the business base and 24 credits in the major). The remaining 8 credits are considered free electives and may be used for arts and sciences and business courses. Students must not only maintain a minimum C average (or 2.0 GPA) in their degree work, but they must also achieve at least a C average in their major and must complete a minor in arts and sciences (Liberal Arts minor). The minor requirement, which is included in the 62-credit arts and sciences requirement, consists of three courses of disciplinary study (in some instances, interdisciplinary). The first two courses are taken at the 3000 level or higher, and the final course must be a 4000-, 5000-, or 6000-level capstone course. Capstone courses are research oriented and communication intensive. Students may choose to complete a second minor in a business discipline using free electives.
- A minimum of 60% of the credits in the major field must be completed at Baruch College.
- A transfer student must meet all degree requirements and take a minimum of 31 credits at Baruch for the BBA degree.
- Second degree students cannot major in Accounting.
- A second-degree business student must meet all degree requirements and complete a new specialization and take a minimum of 31 credits at Baruch, of which a minimum of 27 credits must be in business courses.
- None of the courses in the second major can have been used for the previous major if your first undergraduate degree was completed at Baruch.
- There is no GPA requirement for College Option courses, but to graduate with a liberal arts minor, a student must have a grade point average of at least 2.0 in the three courses that make up the minor.
- Accounting and Finance majors are NOT permitted to take any major courses on ePermit.
[Accounting: 3000-level or above ACC courses and TAX 3300]
[Finance: FIN 3610, FIN 3710, ECO 4000, and 4000-level FIN courses]
The following is a complete list of undergraduate majors available through the Zicklin School of Business
*Students majoring in Accountancy and Finance are required to meet specific GPA criteria in order to register for courses at the 4000 level. Please click the major for those specific criteria.
Official Zicklin students who wish to change their major or minor may do so online via our Plan (Major/Minor) Change Form.
For services that the Zicklin Undergraduate Programs Office provides, please see Zicklin Undergraduate Services.