Top Schools for Computer Programming
Learn about the top schools for computer programming, through which students learn how to design, write and test computer software. Read about the degree options at three high-ranking institutions, and find a table with other schools around the country that provide training for computer programmers. View article
An error occurred trying to load this video.
Try refreshing the page, or contact customer support.
Select a school or program
Colorado Technical University
- Doctor of Computer Science
- Doctor of Computer Science in Information Assurance
- Doctor of Management – Technology Management (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Computer Science – Big Data Analytics (Executive Format)
- MS – Computer Science – Software Engineering
- MS – Information Technology
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- MS – Management – Information Systems Security
- Master of Science – Management: IT and Project Management
- MS in Information Technology – Project Management
- BS in IT – Software Application Programming
- BS – IT – Web Development
- BS in Information Technology
- BS – Business Administration – IT
- BS – IT – Security
- BS – Management – Cybersecurity Management
- View all programs
Full Sail University
- MS in Mobile Gaming
- BS in Software Development
- BS – Mobile Development (Campus)
- BS in Mobile Development
- BS in Game Development
- BS – Cloud Technologies (Campus)
- BS in Web Design and Development
- View all programs
- 0:00 School Overviews
- 2:18 Other Top Programming Schools
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Games and Programming Skills
- Computer Programming for Applications
- Computer Programming for Certifications
High-ranking schools that offer programs in computer programming include Carnegie Mellon University, Stanford University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. A full complement of programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels can be found at Carnegie Mellon and Stanford; aspiring computer programmers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology can earn a master’s degree.
1. Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA
School Highlight: CMU is known for its science and technology programs.
Carnegie Mellon University is a private research institution that ranked first among programming language programs by U.S. News World Report in 2014. At the university’s School of Computer Science, students can pursue bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in computer science and language technologies. Once enrolled, students become familiar with designing and monitoring computer programs for current systems and technologies.
2. Stanford University in Stanford, CA
School Highlights: Stanford offers Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Science program.
Stanford University is a private research institution that ranked third among top programming languages programs by U.S. News World Report for 2014. Stanford’s Computer Science Department awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as the opportunity for students to immerse themselves in field-related research and programming. Program emphasis is on teaching future computer programmers how to analyze software systems and understand the mathematical foundations of computing.
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, MA
School highlight: This school is primarily focused on technology and business management.