University College Tilburg Liberal Arts and Sciences
Admission & application
- Liberal Arts and Sciences combines different scientific disciplines to understand complex global issues and to look for creative solutions.
The program in Liberal Arts and Sciences is offered by University College Tilburg.
What can you do after Liberal Arts and Sciences?
The compact green campus of Tilburg University is situated at the edge of a forest, just ten minutes away from the city center. Take a look around through our virtual campus tour!
Why study Liberal Arts and Sciences in Tilburg?
- Liberal Arts and Sciences in Tilburg has been awarded a Dutch ‘Top Program’ label (Keuzegids 2017 and Elsevier 2016 rankings).
Our students about their program
Curriculum of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The first year has been designed to give you an overview of the different academic disciplines offered within the program.
The curriculum for your second year depends on the major you choose. Your major involves in-depth study within one academic discipline, qualifying you for a variety of careers or a Master’s degree in that area.
The curriculum for your third year depends on the major you choose. In the first semester of the third year, you will have the opportunity to go on exchange. In this final year of your program you will write your Bachelor’s thesis as well.
Meet our students
“A friend told me about Liberal Arts and the flexibility it offers. I decided give it a try since I am broadly interested and good at many things, but don’t have that one thing I wanted to base my later career life on.”
“The program teaches about all different kind of academic disciplines and issues. The persons let me become familiar with different cultures and approaches. As in the study of Liberal Arts and Sciences these two things are at once combined, the interdisciplinary and international approach that Tilburg University wants to reach is complete.”
“Take this opportunity to widen your academic and personal horizon as it will only serve you well in the future.”
Any questions about this program?
Tuition fees and monthly cost of living
- Tuition fee for EU/EEA students: € 2,060 per year.
Life in Tilburg is relatively inexpensive compared to other student cities in the Netherlands, such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Utrecht. The overview below gives an indication for your monthly cost of living (including rent, food and drink, books and insurance), of course depending on your lifestyle.
The tuition fees mentioned above are the tuition fees for 2018-2019. Please note that this is an indication, slight differences in the exact tuition fees are possible.
Liberal Arts and Sciences is ranked as follows:
- #1 (the Netherlands) Liberal Arts and Sciences program according to Elsevier 2015 and 2016
- Special quality label ‘Top Rated Program’ in the Netherlands, for the third year in a row (Keuzegids 2015, 2016 and 2017)
- # 7 (Europe) in the Academic Ranking of World Universities in Economics / Business (Shanghai ranking, 2013)
- # 3 (Europe) and # 19 (World) in the Tilburg University Economics Ranking (EconTop): World Top 100 of Economics Schools
- # 32 (World) in the UT Dallas Top 100 Business School Research Ranking (2014)
- # 51 (World) in Psychology (QS ranking)
- # 63 (World) in Social Sciences (Times Higher Education Ranking)
- # 76 (World) in Social Sciences (Shanghai Ranking)
On top of your program in Liberal Arts and Sciences
Broaden your horizon by studying a semester abroad! Spending up to six months in a different country will be the experience of a lifetime. Tilburg School of Humanities has an extensive network of partners throughout the world, for example:
- BI Business School, Norway
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Bogazici University of Bilkent University, Turkey
Make the most of your education by exploring our extracurricular activities and opportunities outside the classroom, such as excellence programs, language courses, workshops and training courses, internships and Summer School.
Most of our students continue towards a Master s degree after completing their Bachelor s degree. For example:
- International Management
- Strategic Management
- International Business Law
- Law and Technology