California University s Department of Nursing offers an upper-division program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This program is intended for registered nurses who have already completed a diploma or associate degree in Nursing.
- The RN-BSN Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 463-6930, www.ccneaccreditation.org)
The RN-BSN Program is now available in an accelerated format and is 100% online. New cohorts begin each Fall and Spring. This accelerated option allows students who have met the general education requirements to complete the nursing courses full-time in three semesters and part-time in four semesters.
The BSN degree requires 120 credits:
- Credits Required 120 with 30 credits applied from lower division nursing courses taken in the diploma or associate s degree, 12 credits earned via Entry-Level Portfolio, and additional credits earned from completion of general education requirements, which leaves 33 Core Nursing credits to complete
- Cohort Class Structure complete the program with three courses in each of three semesters
- Course Structure with this accelerated course structure, students take one 16-week course and two 8-week courses each semester. Summer sessions vary based on accelerated class schedules.
- For those who do not have the required general education requirements in place prior to taking the nursing courses, it is strongly recommended to take those courses the semester prior to entering the program.
***Due to the demand for this one-year cohort program, it is recommended to submit your applications as early as possible to determine seat availability for upcoming cohorts. Global Online can provide guidance and answer questions related to availability of seats by semester.***
For more information about our Global Online classes, contact our office at 724-938-5958 or toll-free at 1-866-595-6348 or e-mail us at [email protected]
If you are not already a registered nurse please click here to learn how to become one.
To return to the Cal U Nursing Department homepage, please click here.