#health information management degree
Health Information Management
- Graduation from a health record/health information CHIMA-accredited or recognized program with a grade average of 3.0/B/70% or higher AND at least two years related current experience in the field of health information. CHIMA professional registration/certification is required.
- Graduation from a three-year Advanced Diploma program in applied health sciences (e.g. nursing, medical laboratory technology, chiropody, radiology, respiratory therapy) from a public Ontario College (or equivalent) with a grade average of 3.0/B/70% or higher. The diploma must include a one-year introductory, university-level humanities course or equivalent. Candidates must have at least two years of professional experience in the health services field, as well as documentation of professional registration/certification where applicable.
- Note: Applicants with other post-secondary academic backgrounds and extensive work experience in the field will be considered on an individual basis.
REMINDER. The following must also be submitted directly to Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment at the time of application:
- Academic transcripts including promotion/graduation status of all post-secondary studies (excluding Ryerson). High school transcripts are not required for this program. Mature Student guidelines do not apply.
- A completed Ryerson Supplementary Form
Exception: If you have already attended this program and are applying for readmission or reinstatement, a completed application, an updated resume and Supplementary Form are required.
Winter, Spring and Fall 2017 applicants, please note: You must submit the following non-academic material directly to Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment at the time of application. Ensure that the name on your non-academic material is identical to the name used in your application for admission. If you have access to your Ryerson Number at the time of submission, please include it:
- Documentation of Professional Registration/Certification (where applicable)