Earn your health informatics degree and use data to solve healthcare problems
Pursue your health informatics degree, one course at a time. If you’re looking to further your nursing or health administration career, improve efficiency and incorporate more technology into your workload, start a new chapter by earning your health informatics degree online or at a campus near you. You’ll learn how to manage, evaluate and use data to help make informed decisions to improve patient outcomes. Make a strong impact in healthcare with an on-campus or online health informatics degree.
Feel confident you’re getting a quality education at your own speed. Courses in the Master of Health Administration program are aligned with standards by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA), American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), National Center for Healthcare Leadership Competencies (NCHL) and Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). Our Master of Science in Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)*. You’ll have access to career tools and coaches, guiding you and helping you earn your on-campus or online health informatics degree.
Upon graduation, you’ll have a leading edge in how to use electronic health records to crunch data, find health patterns and streamline insurance reimbursements. Many who graduate from these programs go on to hold titles such as clinical director, health information management director, health manager, mental health program manager, nursing director and program manager.
Master of Science in Nursing with a Concentration in Informatics:
Nurses enrolled in this CCNE-accredited program will learn how to manage, evaluate and use data to inform decision making and improve patient outcomes. The online health informatics degree program covers:
- regulations governing security and privacy of healthcare information
- ethics and health information technology and how to manage informatics databases
- some topics included in the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and Informatics Nursing Certification (RN-BC) exams
Master of Health Administration with a Concentration in Informatics:
Earn your health informatics degree online or on campus in this program. You’ll build your portfolio in a capstone project including a health system social media plan, compliance and privacy audit, sustainability cost and benefit analysis. The program:
- prepares you to develop, plan, and manage health care operations and services within health care facilities and across health care systems
- learn the fundamentals in planning, business management, financial management, public relations, human resources management, health care systems operation and management
- understand health care resource allocation, policy making, health law and regulations
- prepare you for collaboration in the workforce by solving real organizational problems
Part of the College of Health Professions, you can be confident in the quality of these programs whether you’re earning your health informatics degree online or on campus. Professors in the College of Health Professions have an average of 20.8 years of real world experience and an average of 7.5 years of experience teaching at University of Phoenix.
If you have questions about enrollment, fill out the request for information form and we’ll put you in contact with an enrollment representative.
Data tells a story, add the next chapter to your own story by earning your health informatics degree.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.