#sport science degree
Sport Science BSc(Hons): Entry requirements
Entry requirements for 2017
Points: minimum 104/112/144, depending on qualifications, and on joint honours combination
Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent
- A-level: 104 points minimum grade C in either PE, Biology, Psychology, Human Biology, Applied Science or Chemistry A2 subject. General Studies not accepted.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Sports and Exercise Science or Applied Science (112 points).
- BTEC Extended Diploma: other sports-related courses (144 points).
- Some joint honours combinations may require specific A-levels or equivalent. See www.ucas.com or contact us for further information.
- Plus GCSE A* C (or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings): five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Tariff points for AS-levels completed but not carried forward to A2 level are included in points total.
Other entry routes
- Science foundation year.
- We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience that is equivalent to the typical offer. Applications from international students with equivalent qualifications are welcome. Please contact us for details.
If you don’t meet the above entry requirements our International Foundation Year can prepare you for entry progression onto this degree course.
English language requirements
All non-UK applicants must meet our English language requirements. For this course it is Academic IELTS of 6.0 overall, with no element below 5.5. Please make sure you read our full guidance about English language requirements. which includes details of other qualifications we’ll consider.
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements may be eligible to join our pre-sessional English language course .
Applicants from one of the recognised Majority English Speaking Countries (MESCs) do not need to meet these requirements.