Home Course Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management
The Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management [BCom (Human Resource Management)] is an undergraduate programme that prepares students for managerial roles that contribute to their organisations’ performance. The goal of the human resources management degree is to prepare human resource professionals to deal with the complexities and challenges of managing today’s workforce.
The BCom (Human Resource Management) programme content is designed to provide a comprehensive coverage of the major human resource responsibilities, addressing strategic and operational aspects. The modules involve both practical and theoretical considerations in the professional development of men and women in the field of human resources in such settings as business, industry, government and non-profit organisations and institutions.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions and act appropriately through an understanding of organisational structure, systems and relevant policies in human resource management practice;
- Apply various methods and systems in the development of human resource strategies and plans;
- Evaluate, select and apply appropriate methods, procedures or techniques when effecting human resource management functions;
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and communicate ideas and opinions in well-formed arguments using appropriate academic and professional discourse when engaged in human resources management contexts;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage processes and take accountability in a variety of contexts relating to the management of human resources;
- Demonstrate the ability to take decisions and act ethically and professionally; and
- Contribute to improving organisational culture and climate.