MyExcelsior is your customized portal to Excelsior College, allowing you to review, manage, and respond to all aspects of your Excelsior experience. Registration is free.
For general inquiries, Admissions, Office of Registration and Records, Examinations Test Administration Office, and the Center for Military and Veteran Education
Financial Aid Office
If you’re entering a non-nursing undergraduate program: skip the application and enroll directly.
Request your call from an admissions counselor.
Associates Degrees Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Distance – Excelsior College
Page Hero – Areas of Study- Nursing
AS / AAS Nursing: Intro
Associate in Nursing Degree Programs
Excelsior s associate programs in nursing are specifically designed for LPNs, LVNs, paramedics, and certain classifications of active duty military, National Guard, or Reserves within specific military occupations with equivalent scope of practice to LPN/LVN or paramedic.
Working nurses and health care professionals come to Excelsior because they want to earn an accredited degree through flexible online courses, online conferences, and/or credit by exam options.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN NURSING PROGRAM
- A student s possession of an LPN, Paramedic, or Military Corpsman credential does not guarantee success in Excelsior s Associate Degree in nursing program.
- All applicants to the School of Nursing are expected to review the School of Nursing Catalog prior to enrolling in a degree program.
- Students enrolled in Excelsior s Associate Degree in nursing program will be assigned to a primary academic advisor but may also work with different members of the academic advisement team during their enrollment.
- Students will be responsible for paying an annual fee for each year they continue in the Associate Degree in nursing program.
- A student s success or failure in completing program requirements (including theory and other examinations) will affect his or her progress through the Associate Degree in nursing program.
- The wait time to test at each CPNE site varies depending on application volume at each site.
- Students are responsible for the CPNE application fee, and travel and lodging costs for each administration of the CPNE.
- Students who fail the CPNE will be required to retake all portions of a subsequent examination and are responsible for all fees associated with retaking the CPNE.
- During the CPNE, Excelsior will seek to provide each student with a pediatric patient; however, an adult patient may be substituted if no pediatric patient is available.
- Pass rates for the CPNE and National Council Licensure Examination-RN (NCLEX-RN ) are updated and available on the Excelsior College web site.
- Because each institution of higher education maintains its own credit transfer policy, credits earned in Excelsior s Associate Degree in nursing program may or may not be transferable to other institutions.
Before applying, it s important that you read and understand all of the application requirements for this program. If you have any questions, contact your admissions counselor.
To be eligible for admission, you need to be employed in a direct patient care setting under the supervision of someone with a health care credential who evaluates your clinical practice. You also must have worked in this setting for at least 200 hours in the year prior to your application.
Note: Most of Excelsior s AS/AAS in Nursing graduates are immediately eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam. However, graduates in some states must meet additional requirements or stipulations before becoming eligible for RN licensure.